hello folks

tattoolimbo

XS650 Member
Reaction score
A year or so ago I came across a big pile of XS650 parts and althought historically a Harley and Triumph rider but always wanted an excuse to chop a XS650 so I jumped on the parts. as life goes I hadn't had the time r money to do anything with them so I thought I would let the whole lot go on fleabay, I started the bidding at $350 which I have seen just a frame with title go for that amount and thought no problem but after listing the lot twice and no bids I said the hell with it, I'll keep the stuff and work on a chop this year that my GF can ride, and I can play with. So here I am, be prepared for all sorts of really dumbassed questions over the next few months.

I wanted to bid on the stuff and even emailed a question that you promptly answered, but I just didn't really have the cash to blow right now and more than that didn't have the time to drive down and pick it all up.

Glad you decided to use it instead of scrapping it.

If you change your mind i'm sure I could be talked into taking the lot off your hands.

I agree with xsjoel although I fall into the latter part of his statement usually

Thanks Guys, I feel ya Tim, cash is tight here too at least until school starts when I get my student loans but then I will start trying to figure out what to do with all this stuff. Theres more than enough for a bike and plenty left over so I will be putting stuff in the classifieds when I find out for sure what I wont need. Does a frame with no title have any value other than scrap metal? I know in the Harley world they are more or less worthless.

I cut the last title-less frame up that I had and made this .....

SwingarmJig.jpg

In a pinch I guess I could set an engine in it but what I really made it for was to use as a jig for making braced swingarms. I saved all the good tubing bits and brackets for use on future projects.

I remember that listing. It looked like a good buy but cash was short out here too. Glad you decided to do something with it.

Back