Hello from Bay Area, CA

arevalo

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i have been wanting an xs650 for over a year now and with a new full-time job, im determined to finally get one. i currently don't have my m1 license but will be taking the course within the next 2-3 months. my current riding experience would be my moped for the past 2 years and up and down the block on a honda cl100.

at first, i fell in love with bobbed out xs650's ... however within the past couple months, im really liking wrenchmonkees style. not sure if this falls under bratstyle or not. the abundance of parts really attracts more to the XS because i've done all the work to my moped (besides porting) and am far from mechanically inclined. with the abundance of knowledge on this site, i am glad to be a part of the community.

now my little thing that could. pipe has changed and its rustier than ever!

3899568034_6cda305681_z.jpg

3913279569_335685de10_z.jpg

BONUS PIC! not as sexy as the chicks on xs650s but cute nontheless.

3913279447_b8504f4d90_z.jpg

!!

i've also been shopping around CL for xs650's but there isn't close to how many were for sale a year ago. what month during the winter (bay area) do most people decide to sell? thanks!!

Thanks!

Moped is a 1981 Puch Magnum, 1 of the 2 different top tank mopeds made by Puch -- the other one being a Cobra. They come 50cc stock but engine has been ported for an 80cc kit, paired up with a 24mm OKO (keihin knockoff) carb. I've even debated selling it to fund an XS, but it's such a blast to ride around.

UPDATE!

Completed the MSF course last week and passed with no errors!! On top of that, I backtracked some old e-mails and contacted a guy responding to my WTB a month ago. At the time, he was trying to sell 3 as a package with a reasonable asking price, however I didn't have the money then. Comes out that he still has them!! We go through a few e-mails back and forth this week, and if everything runs smoothly tomorrow, I'll have my first bike(s).

These are barn finds but 2 are said to run. (the 3rd is in pieces, but complete)

5061938336_4e34f8dfde_o.jpg

I'll be browsing this site constantly from now on and plan on ordering a Clymers manual this weekend.

Back