Hello from new member

Neezindabreez

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
A buddy of mine was telling me about an XS650 he owned years ago. The more he told me about it, the more I became interested in them. They seem to be plain, simple, lightweight and bulletproof. I began researching them online and became even more interested, to the point I just picked up a pair about a month ago. A 77 and a 79 with only 5k miles. I'm thinking a very mild (not too far from stock) café racer style for the 79 and a hardtail with a springer frontend and rephrased crank for the 77. My life's been kinda busy lately and the only thing I've had time to do is glance over at them as I walk through the shop, but sooner or later I'll get to them. I should have more time when the weather starts to cool off. Take care.

Hi neez and welcome,
plain, simple & bulletproof for sure but lightweight?
Depends what you're used to I guess.
For those of us raised up on 1960s British parallel twins the XS650 is at least 80lbs overweight.

When doing Highway speeds, weight is good.
Welcome NEES! scored 2?! Your getting the fever quick! PICS PICS PICS please! We're here to help if you need some. Share your triumphs. Ease the pains and find solutions. Enjoy your rides when you can.

When doing Highway speeds, weight is good. - - -

Hi azman,
not when doing downhill twisties and the brakes start to fade.
And especially not when it falls over trapping you underneath it with the hot exhaust resting on your leg.

Back