Hello

Snap

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hello ,
Just joined up , I have a 1975 XS650 , It has been rebuilt about 10 years agout I have done a few things to the old girl since then.
Boyer Bransdon electronic ignition - 36mm Mikunis with pods - Barnett clutch plates - 1977 forks - twin floating discs with new calipers from Mikes XS - new master cylinder and braided lines also from Mikes - just fitted Performance 2 into 1 exhaust and short megaphone also from Mikes - chrome hand grips and switches - bullet indicators - custom tail light - 2 inch chrome speedo - bronze swing arm bushes - roller steering bearings - single seat .
I have a 750 bigbore kit from Mikes and just purchased off him performance cam / springs etc / oil cooler with filter / new tank which will all be fitted very soon. ( I hope )
I am very pleased with the performance gain from fitting the exhaust :thumbsup:
The note from the exhaust will take a little getting used to as I reckon the twin pipes do sound better but performance is what I wanted - alot smoother down low and pulls hard from around 4000rpm ( I do not use rpm guage )
Anyway it is good to find you all and look forward to having a chat
Will take new photos when kit is fitted

Attachments

• bike-1.jpg
    bike-1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 151
  • bike2-1-1.jpg
    bike2-1-1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 177
- hi snap...welcome....are you happy with the jetting and 2-1 exhaust match?

I had a horrible time getting the jetting right when I fitted the 36mm Mikunis for some reason. Had twin pipe setup then . It always seemed to have a dead spot when accelerating hard from around 1500 rpm . After fitting the 2 into 1 it is running fine , no more dead spot . I have not checked the plugs after a quick 20 minute ride this afternoon after fitment .

Back