help!!! clutch cable

globalmaa

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
so i'm putting the motor back in my 78' and everything was great before i took it out. now i'm trying to put everything back together and the damn clutch cable is to friggin tight. when i took the cover off it was great had it adjusted perfectly. now when i tighten the side cover it won't even squeeze a bit. the cable i routed through the right side of the frame and back across the handlebars to the the clutch lever. really weird when i push on the cover the cable is smooth and everything is operating when i tighted the cover damn no go. help what am i missing????

Posted via Mobile

There has to be something getting pinched, or some interference somewhere when the cover is tighted. Examine the clutch mechanism would be my suggestion.

One thing dogbunny showed me was that he could straighten out that horrible ass 90 degree bend that goes into the case about half in a vise and it loosened his cable way up.

He said it was a 5twins trick.

Yup, I'd be looking for binding at or near the clutch actuator mechanism (worm gear and arm), or where the cable exits the case cover top (below the elbow that sgallaty refers to). Double check to ensure that you don't have the actuator installed with the arm in the wrong position. Don't ask how I know this. :p

TC

when the ball bearing is in it is tight or doesn't move when the bearing fell out it move easily i'll check the cable.

Posted via Mobile

Back