Help finding new O-rings

ScottyShy

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Im replacing the camshaft seals and i would also like to replace the 2 O-rings that go behind those plates. Does anyone know where i can find them? I can't seem to track them down at MikesXS..

It's the orange O-ring in the pic...

Attachments

• 51301698844__4E28B464-13AA-41E1-8538-DC22E28D7743.JPG
    51301698844__4E28B464-13AA-41E1-8538-DC22E28D7743.JPG
    254.9 KB · Views: 74
Hi Scotty,
Mikes ain't the only game in town, there's several others.
Or carefully measure the groove's outside diameter and depth and take the numbers to a Hydraulics parts store.

That one still looks good, I would just re-use it. But, you're going to need to clean up those gasket surfaces much, much better than that. A new gasket will never seal against all that crap. Get some paint stripper. Paint a little on, let it soak for 10 or 15 minutes, and all those old gasket remnants will practically melt away. Gentle scraping with even something as blunt as a Popsicle stick will clean it all off.

Kshansen has found the part still exists so I suggest you get the Yamaha part. It can be very difficult to get an exact 3rd party match to o-rings performing a critical function. This is because it is hard to know the exact diameter of the o-ring material. For example you might measure one as 2mm but to work properly it might actually have to be say 1.9mm or 2.1mm.

I would reuse it if it is not damaged. Sometimes they can look a bit wrinkled but a dip in boiling water can take that out. If they are not leaking oil at present then they are probably still good. Also, those o-rings are easy to get at and replace if you later find they are faulty

Thanks for all the replies.. I was able to use the part # and find a new one. The one in the picture is still good, it's the other side of the bike that needs a new one.

Thanks again.

Back