help identify this part...

Snikare

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have tried like mad to find this part but for the life of me, I can't even come up with its proper name.
Anyone know the name of it and where to get one?

I have a new reservoir that has a different diameter barb. I'd like to replace this part with the same size barb as is on the reservoir.

Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• 20150117_133150.jpg
    20150117_133150.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 153
Apparently this part is hard to come by, I spent hours on ebay to no avail. Even the whole master cylinders are a bit scarce. I finally fabricated one from a 3/8 copper 90 degree fitting, a copper washer and a brass hose barb all sweated together. I replaced the o-ring seal to insure a tight fit. It even looks pretty slick, too bad it's hidden out of sight!

Posted via Mobile

That's actually a great idea. This is the ONLY plastic piece on my bike and I'd love to change that. I could then put the proper hose barb on to match the reservoir barb size. Does the 3/8ths copper elbow fit into the female opening on the master cylinder pretty well?
I can imagine how you did it, or how I would do it...
but do you have a pic you could share?

Thanks for the inspiration.

Actually, it fit perfectly. I used emery to remove some minor casting marks and replaced the o-ring to ensure a proper fit. I used a copper washer but you could use sheet brass or anything compatible. I bored it to fit over the flange, slid it all the way on and soldered it. Turn it flange up so you don't drip solder on the seal surface keeping it square. Solder in the hose barb on the other flange. Push it into the m.c. and index it into position. Mark and drill for mounting screws just a hair bigger than needed so the seal can stay centered. Polish it up if you'd like, but you can't see it when it's all buried in place. Ill try to get a pic or two if I can access it without disassembly.

Posted via Mobile

Back