HELP. New Build Not Firing!

cuzIcan

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Guys,

I know this has probably been beaten time and time again!!

I've built more of these bikes than I've wanted, and have wired these the same way for years. I think I just need a metaphorical set of eyes to help me. LOL.

I have a build I just finish wiring last night. Simple kick only wiring, with a headlight, and tail light. XScharge PMA with an original Pamco ignition. Inline fuse, new coil from Mikes, with new plugs and wires. Carbs are good not great. Kick the bike and literally get absolutely nothing!!!! Not an inkling of spark or fire!! Everything that is supposed to have a ground, has its own. Long story short...IM DEFEATED!!

Pete advises starting with the PMA disconnected and using a separate good battery. This way you are only using the Pamco wiring to check for spark/ignition.
tim

I had the same issue a few weeks back. Scratched my head so much I have a small bald spot..:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

So I started over from scratch and reworked all the wiring back from scratch and it fired right up first kick. Still have no idea what it was but haven’t had any issues since.

If you are using a Pamco just forget everything else and go over the wires. Use a test light and make sure you have 12 volts to Pamco and coil first.
Second make sure its set on the correct firing side and third like Pete say,s if running a no battery setup start first time with a small 12 volt battery. I have used a 12 volt drill battery and works.
Need other help you can contact me at DADDYGCYCLES@YAHOO.COM and I will give my number to talk or even facetime to help.

Back