Help!! RPM's Crazy and out of control!

There are several ways to "kill" a cylinder. If you have vaccum petcocks you can run on prime, unhook the vaccum line to "kill" one side, the plug on the other side.
Make an adapter that threads on the plug that you can put the plug cap on and use a jumper wire to ground the plug.
Take a wire, strip off a few icnhes of insulation, wrap this wire around a plug, a clip on the other, clip the wire to an engine fin, plug the plug into the plug wire you want to "kill".
Pull a plug, plug on the wire, have a freind hold the plug to the engine while you do the tuning.
Leo

I'm running pamco as well.

I think I remember reading a post somewhere that in the posters opinion, the dead cylinder method was a bad idea altogether, but I've heard so many other people talking abt it that I wouldn't think it's that bad of an idea. Thoughts?

With the proer "killing" of a cylinder it works great. That's how the book explains carb tuning on the points models.
Leo

With much embarrasment, I am finally back to finish this thread.

I figured out my problem a day or two after my previous post and have been working up the courage to inform you guys on the situation

My f*%@ing throttle cable housing was too long and wasn't allowing the butterflys to get anywhere near closing... :doh::doh::doh:

And now the heckling may commence.

Back