Help. Tci

Tparker240

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Welded tank supports on with everything still connected. I think I fried my ignition box
Or the tci box

1982 xs650. I have no spark now.
Where can I get a tci? Or computer
New to these bikes. Not sure where to find parts

Go over to the classified section on this site. No guarantees now, but you'll find one eventually.

Welded tank supports on with everything still connected. I think I fried my ignition box
Or the tci box
1982 xs650. I have no spark now.
Where can I get a tci? Or computer
New to these bikes. Not sure where to find parts

Hi Tparker and welcome,
and now you know not to do that, eh?
double-check the entire electrical system and make sure it's the ignition box/TCI/Computer (3 names for the same device) that's at fault.
New parts from MikesXS or 650Central.
Used parts from the list's classifieds or bike breakers yards.

Hey Tparker---I'm stripping a 83 and got some parts you may need including the ign. box. I'm just down the road in Woburn. Email me timbeck321@aol.com

Doesn't the installation of a new Pamco system fix all this?

Pamco is one way, but there are still plenty of functioning TCIs around also.

The Pamco only fixes the ignition. Your welding may have damaged some of the charging system parts.
You will have to get the ignition fixed then once it's running you can check the charging system for proper function.
I know you learned this but never weld on a frame with out at least unplugging the ignition. Removing is even better. Same with the battery.
Leo

I know you learned this but never weld on a frame with out at least unplugging the ignition. Removing is even better. Same with the battery.
Leo

Hi Leo,
that's just for TIG, MIG or stick welding, Oxy-Acetylene won't bother the electrics at all, eh?
Mind you, no matter the welding methodology, I'm sure a safety-minded person would remove the gas tank and carbs before striking an arc or lighting the torch.

Hey Tim---Glad to see your up and running again.....tim

Back