Help, think my rec/reg is toast

Guys, my reg is bad....already did the workaround and so forth thanks to peanut. That was how I discovered it was bad. And then I confirmed it by plugging up the old (and still functional one), which did work. Seems backwards....that a 32-year-old regulator works perfectly, but a brand new one doesn't function at all.

Needless to say Mikes is going to resolve this for me, so I'm not bitter at all.

Guys, my reg is bad....already did the workaround and so forth thanks to peanut. That was how I discovered it was bad. And then I confirmed it by plugging up the old (and still functional one), which did work. Seems backwards....that a 32-year-old regulator works perfectly, but a brand new one doesn't function at all.

Needless to say Mikes is going to resolve this for me, so I'm not bitter at all.

might be better to start your own thread rather than hyjack pregrids. better still why don't you continue in the thread you already started about this issue . I identified your problem as being the regulator it would be useful to others to see the problem solved in the same thread don't you think !:thumbsup:

might be better to start your own thread rather than hyjack pregrids. better still why don't you continue in the thread you already started about this issue . I identified your problem as being the regulator it would be useful to others to see the problem solved in the same thread don't you think !:thumbsup:

lol.....peanut you're the one who hijacked the thread by asking me a question :D
Followed by Leo who asked another question :laugh:

I was merely following up on pregrid's comment about the rectifier going bad after 1 year by stating that mine arrived defective.....so no surprise

I already added closing comments to my thread, surely you read them :thumbsup:

well once you have a replacement reg from Mikes and the bikes still running let us know on your other thread ,in the meantime get some miles on that bike :D

Back