Henry Ford

I am Carbon

shade tree mechanic
Reaction score
Ford's B-24 Bomber Plant at Willow Run, MIHenry Ford was determined that he could mass produce bombers just as he had done with cars. He built the Willow Run assembly plant and proved it. It was the world's largest building under one roof. This will absolutely blow you away - one B-24 every 55 minutes. ADOLF HITLER HAD NO IDEA THE U.S. WAS CAPABLE OF THIS KIND OF THING. There is no way he could have even guessed.
For those who live outside of Michigan , Willow Run is near Bellville, Canton and Ypsilanti , MI
It's amazing that one B-24 (built with over 1.225 million parts) came off the assembly line every 55 minute.

Thanks Carbon, I received your email. I downloaded the video and posted it on Youtube so you won't have to send emails to everyone who wants to see it.

The really strange part of all that was that early on Henry Ford supported Hitler, he is the only American mentioned in Hitler's 'Mein Kampf'. He even received the Iron Cross in response to his anti-Semitic writings. Guess he saw the light (or more accurately the greenbacks).

The really strange part of all that was that early on Henry Ford supported Hitler, he is the only American mentioned in Hitler's 'Mein Kampf'. He even received the Iron Cross in response to his anti-Semitic writings. Guess he saw the light (or more accurately the greenbacks).

I never knew this! :eek: Fascinating!

TC

Not only was Ford a Nazi sympathizer, so was Charles Lindbergh. He too received the Iron Cross before WWII broke out. For that matter, there were Nazi sympathizers in the British government for a long time during the 1930's, up till Hitler started sending bombers over Britain.

After Germany declared war on the US, both men supported the US war effort, even though Ford trucks were produced in occupied France and used by the Nazis. There are those who say HF authorized that, but considering that France was under Nazi control it's doubtful he could have done much about it one way or another.

HF made up for his actions by throwing his full weight behind the war effort as outlined shown by the B24 production. Some accounts say that when Henry Ford saw photos of the concentration camp atrocities uncovered at the war's end he became physically ill.

Lindbergh had pretty well stepped on his own weenie and the US public didn't view him quite the same as before. Synopsis of Lindbergh's actions in the 30's and 40's:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/lindbergh/sfeature/fallen.html

Seuss (Theodor Geisel) was anti-Japanese (he supported the internment camps during the war and later retracted that support) but was not a Hitler supporter. He was a liberal Democrat, which is nearly as bad. :laugh: He also thought the US should keep supplies etc going to Stalin, saying the USSR was fighting the war for us.

Back