Here's my heap...going to needs lots of help on this one...

Front brake ordered, new forward controls installed, rear brake link is being reworked this weekend with the addition of a TC Bros. brake pivot and new linkage. Should be much, much better.

Still waiting to get the brake parts welded up...my buddy with the welder hasn't made it over yet. Anyways...not really much I can do with the bike at the moment. I did pull the plugs just to see how they look...not good. Here is the left plug...

Left

PlugLeft02.jpg

PlugLeft01.jpg

Right side

PlugRight1.jpg

PlugRight.jpg

Last edited:
Front brake arrived today. Needs a new brake line so I plan on getting a one piece ss braided line. The place I am ordering from has two option for banjo size, 10mm and 12mm. Just want to confirm that it's the 10mm I need.

I have a complete front brake system unknown condition from a 81H model XS650 - I have no idea what it's worth, but I live in the 14612 area - pm me for details and we can haggle it out on the phone

maybe some folks out there on the forum can help determine the worth of it. I will get some pictures later tonight. I bought the 81 for an engine swap - they had not licensed it in a couple years and what riding they did was in the hills - I expect not much riding got done. I have the engine out and running now and am parting out the rest of it.

I already have the front brake setup...I just needed to confirm the size of the banjo on the brake line before ordering a custom line.

Back