Hi, New(er) member and XS owner here

3Deuces

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Maybe I'm doing this all assbackward:doh:
Not my first post, but first as an actual XS650 owner, two XS's to be exact!
Picked up these babies tonight. The red one is actually sporting the bodywork from the naked one in the pics. Near as I can tell, I've got a 1980 650f and an 81 650H Special II. The 80 has a title and 81 has B.O.S. Both are pretty clean, but don't run at the moment. The super nice PO said both were running a few years ago. The guys place was right out of American Pickers with probably 25 bikes in various stages of disrepair amongst dozens of bicycles, minibikes, piles of parts and such. Actually had some nice Bimmers and an Aprilia in his collection. Anyway I'm planning to bob one of these and if I can procure a title for the other, I might keep it stock or do a scrambler.
I look forward to sharing my project with you all in the coming months.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 2012-02-16 650_1.jpg
    2012-02-16 650_1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 2012-02-16 650_2.jpg
    2012-02-16 650_2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Thanks.
I'm a craigslist ninja!
First made contact via e-mail around the end of November, but couldn't spend the money so close to the holidays(three kids that require expensive Christmas gifts...). Watched the CL ad until it expired, then about two weeks ago I e-mailed the guy again and he still had it for sale. Unfortunately, I caught him just as he was heading out of town for 10 days. Called him Wednesday and found out the 79 was an 80 and that he had an 81 for sale also. Scooped em up last night for a cool $800.

Back