High ratio primary install

I have contacted Ivan and I am on the list for his current run of gears. I am building a new Street Tracker and I want to get away from the quick change hub setup that I have on my current tracker, I am planning on running a KTM Cush drive hub with 19” Sun rim but, the smallest sprocket size is 38 tooth so ; with 18/38 I need about a 12-15% reduction in rpm at the countershaft to achieve a nice cruising rpm.

20% makes a huge difference, I just went for a little loop around my block and I never got out of first gear going 25! I may need to fine tune my final drive ratio lol

20% is that what these gears do? I can’t wait to get mine, that’s going to work out nice
It does come at a price. You'll be as fast as a '68 VW Beetle when the light turns green. That's not to mention the load on the driveline. If you've ridden a 10 speed bicycle, you know what I mean.

Does anybody have an opinion on clutch hub cush springs? I'm ripping things back apart and want to either put the stronger springs from Ivan in or the spring/vescanite combo I've seen a few other places.

Back