High rpm cut out solved

slambert49

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, today I took my bike out to go to work and it started right up but it cut off by itself which isn't normal bike had been running perfect. So I get it starting again and take off up the road, but every time I hit about 4k rpms the bike would studder and hesitate like it wasn't getting gas or spark, but If I shift to drop rpm it's fine. So I charged the battery-no fix. Unplugged the rec/reg- no fix. Changed plugs-nope. Drained the floats and checked slides-all good but no change.:banghead: So I went to rev the bike from idle and my hand accidentally hit the kill switch knob barely. The bike cut off. So I started it again and sure enough if I even looked at it wrong it would sputter and cut off. Took the switch apart and found it was the knob. It had broken apart. I put the two wires together and what do you know the bike ribs perfect again!:D:thumbsup::bike: just though I would share my troubles. Only thing that sucks is I have to buy the whole assembly but if anyone has a spare button I would love to buy just that. Thanks everyone for the forum

I just went and looked and have a BUNCH of LH controls but no extra RH with a good stop switch. Sorry

Back