how am i burnin

tomykoz

"what dont kill me makes me stronger"
Reaction score
new plugs look like this after 30 minutes...what do you think?
IMG_20170313_121451.jpg

Not too bad IMO. The insulator being blackish (carbon) looks a little rich or plug not quite hot enough. Tan electrode and light colored insulator is what you are looking for in the perfect world. I assume the white spots on the electrode is a reflection in the photo. Better rich than lean if it runs ok. Might lean your mixture screw(s) 1/8 turn if they are available and plug(s) continue to stay black. Check plugs again after any adjustments and riding. Make sure you ride bike before pulling plugs. Don't pull the plugs to check after choking or long idle.

Hey Tom, if you aren't familiar with how to tell by looking at the carbs, check on Honda forum and make sure you know which way is lean and which way is rich before you turn screws. Also, might want to put a small mark/scratch on carb body outside screw hole where you start as a reference.

thx....that helps....turns out somebody already tampered with my baffles....previous person drilled 3 holes in the end....i may just remove them and rebuild them and slap em back in or not....im thinkin if i left them out ill just lean out the mix with screw and might even out nicely maybe....if not i guess honda put some led plugs over the idle screws and i dotta drill in carefully and put a screw in and pull out...those 3 holes in the exhaust i didnt see probably made it run richer.....geez
IMG_20170314_120915.jpg
IMG_20170314_120826.jpg

it looks like i can drill the rivets and take them out

Last edited:
Back