How are your fuel lines routed?

cmyoch

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Anyone care to share pics of how their fuel lines are routed? I'm no sure I have mine correct and I worry I'm pinching a line somewhere.

Thanks!

Mine go from the petcocks to the carbs. How else would you route them. :thumbsup: :D :laughing:
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. No pics right now my camera seems to be not working.
Leo

Pay no attention to the clutch cable, that's not right...

I've got mine going behind the carb outside of the frme down tube.

Attachments

• FuelLine.jpg
    FuelLine.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 389
I failed to mention that I have the newer petcocks from MMM. They came 90's which I was able to shim them a bit to get the outlet to point to the outside. I have the lines routed between the carbs and out the front. I was thinking of routing them around the side of the carb bodies to the back side of the petcock but making sure the lines do not crimp is my biggest challenge. My fuel line is some thick stuff from the parts store. Maybe I need to find some thinner walled hose?

Yes, buy the MikeXS stuff, one of their better products. It is thin walled and a dead ringer for the original stuff. This means those original protection springs will fit and they stop the line from kinking. The 11.5" lengths they sell it in seem rather odd at first but actually work perfectly. Cut exactly in half, you get two lines just the right length for a dual petcock original set-up.

Uni-CheckValve.jpg

I couldn't find a 90 degree filter like Deadchef's but I ended up routing from behind the carb bodies and into the backside of the petcock. The line swings out a bit on each side but I'm fine with it since there aren't any kinks. I can live with this until I find a couple 90 degree filters to clean it up a bit.

Doing a once over on the bike tonight to make sure I didn't miss anything and then I plan on firing her up for the first time!

Back