How do you all break in your boots?

If you want to buy them because they are Made in USA, don't bother. They are made in China. Found out the hard way when I found a "Made in china" sticker stuck to my sock 1 day.

Not all Redwings are made in china, go to their site and there is an option to narrow down what boots are made in the US

If Chinese-made Redwings are anything like any of my Chinese-built guitars, I'll take a pair of 11" shaft engineers in size 10, please. :)

TC

I have been doing the same thing since my time in service. Wear the boots everywhere with good wool socks. Treat them with Lincoln wax, and/or saddle soap if too stiff. Once broken in, I hit them every so often with mink oil to make sure they are water tight.

TC, those are sick boots, i have been eying ones similar to those alot...But i have a real nice pair of alpine stars ones that i love...i guess they would look better on the XS's though

Halloweenie, I confess that I need to wear them more, when walking... not riding.

TC, those are sick boots, i have been eying ones similar to those alot...But i have a real nice pair of alpine stars ones that i love...i guess they would look better on the XS's though

CD, my vanity reveals itself here. :p I have a pair of Sidi track boots that I wear while riding my quarter liter Ninja, but they just don't cut it on the cafe-roadster. So I got the engineers for that. I really do like them a lot, and recommend them, though I wish I'd gotten a taller shaft so that my jeans would stay over them. Maybe longer jeans...

TC

I tried to waterproof a worn out leather jacket using mink oil and it seemed completely useless.

I bought some Toro brand Josco model boots in Texas that are made in Mexico and the best things I ever wore. No web presence that I can find. Only $50. Welt construction, and all cowhide saddle leather - very oily so no break-in required. Same price as Walmart Chinese boots but blows em to hell.

They still make homeopathic remedies such as "Ear Candles". Basically the same thing. Put it in your ear and light an end. However, my mother-in-law who is a super nurse likes to remind me of how many people come in to her hospital with severe ear infections and, also, wax burns from the candles. It is supposed to cause a suction and draw out the infection, which is physically impossible.:laugh:

From personal experience I can tell you that ear candles do draw some stuff out of your ear but no more so than a good hot shower. And most of what is found in the candle was in the candle before it was lit. They're a waste of money.

The only thing I put in my ears besides soap and water is 3% hydrogen peroxide, and then only if I have an ear infection that is causing extra wax build-up. I can tell you from experience that having an ear drum burst will cause you pain that will bring you to your knees.

I tried to waterproof a worn out leather jacket using mink oil and it seemed completely useless.

I bought some Toro brand Josco model boots in Texas that are made in Mexico and the best things I ever wore. No web presence that I can find. Only $50. Welt construction, and all cowhide saddle leather - very oily so no break-in required. Same price as Walmart Chinese boots but blows em to hell.

Over the years I bought 2 pairs of boots in Mexico. One was a great pair and the other was the worst I've ever owned and fell apart in less than a week. Of course, by them I was back in North Carolina.

^I got them at a Mexican-runned place that has all the latest pointy styles, but has a corner with work boots without laces, like the ones I bought. My impression is they're just trucked up from Mexico for the Mexican community, with no real distribution. What English is printed on the box is real poor, but you can tell they're bragging about how great the boots are :)

From personal experience I can tell you that ear candles do draw some stuff out of your ear but no more so than a good hot shower. And most of what is found in the candle was in the candle before it was lit. They're a waste of money.

The only thing I put in my ears besides soap and water is 3% hydrogen peroxide, and then only if I have an ear infection that is causing extra wax build-up. I can tell you from experience that having an ear drum burst will cause you pain that will bring you to your knees.

As my aunt say's, "Nothing smaller than your elbow".
I only use Q-tip brand Q-tips and only at the ear canal entrance. And I know what you mean about an ear drum rupture. Absolutely no fun.

Back