how many replace the stock key switch?

So, the key switch I ordered from McMaster Carr arrived yesterday. It's a really neat little item. Very small. So small that my batt box totally has room for it.

I was going to go ahead and mount it up near where the stock switch is, so that I could use that as a kill switch pretty easily in an emergency, and not have to wire in the off/run/off switch on my old throttle side housing.

But now I feel that not putting this key switch into my battery box is the greater evil, so I need to order a new throttle side switch housing from Mike's. The run switch on mine has been umm, let's just say disabled.

The other thing is the terminals (solder lugs) are very very tiny and kind of close together, so I will have to practice my soldering and figure out a good way to isolate the 3 wires from each other with (I guess) shrink tubing.
We'll see how it works out, but I really like the item - seems very heavy duty for such a tiny thing.

But now the downside is I must shell out $50 plus shipping and state tax for a new R side switch housing.

Oh well, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Back