How Motorcycle Fuel Tanks are Made - interesting!

I have seen the Indian made new XS650 fuel tanks on eBay. No idea what the quality is like.
1705774903170.png

This one from MikesXS? Made in India? They don't say where it's made.
https://www.mikesxs.net/yamaha-xs650-standard-fuel-tank-black-paint.html
I read a report here of a broken weld at the tongue. I know for a fact they'll rust in a big way if neglected, just like the OEM.

I have noted that the Revival Parts Group (https://www.revivalparts.com/) has taken down their option to review or read reviews of their parts.

Check this out and note the extensive safety footware, the youthful workers and the total lack of any guarding on the machinery.

Yes Sir Very interesting for me.
I have been working in a sheet metal shop Seems as they are Macho Men safety is for Sissys
Especially the welding station sparks flying onto others and no protective glasses
Would be a no brainier and simple to put up some kind of curtain or moveable shield
They do have gloves which we did not always had .,.
stainless was a particular reason to go to the first aid kit
There were sharp edges when cutting in the machine

Where I worked a CO worker shortened 2 fingers in the press.

The Shears in the beginning was clever .Never seen before . At Construction sites there rarely was machines
I can se it come to use at Air condition ducts and for roofing sheet metal

The press tool for the inner part is not good He has to whack it at the end with a steel rod

I really enjoy watching these videos. Not 100% sure what part of the world most are filmed in. Although quality and precision may sometimes be questionable, it always impressed me how much they could accomplish, with so little. I also wondered how many fingers and toes were lost in a year. 🤕

I really enjoy watching these videos. Not 100% sure what part of the world most are filmed in. Although quality and precision may sometimes be questionable, it always impressed me how much they could accomplish, with so little. I also wondered how many fingers and toes were lost in a year. 🤕
I watched it again and noticed a trick of the trade . I learned it by seeing an older tinsmith do it.
Not sure if everyone does it. Old profession
In the beginning when he uses a template He draws the contour with the pointed object not sure what it is called in English
scriber ?
but he also draws a line entirely off the contour 0:35

1705792232341.png

That is entirely off the part on a piece that not will be used - .scrap The one I saw do it did it for finding it quicker when cutting because the scratches are harder to se .That thicker line outside the object makes it quicker and simpler to find
the geometry
The one i learned it from used an arrow point to the place.

Back