How rare is this?

XS-IVE Habit

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I was just wondering if this is a rare item to have. I have in the original Yamaha packaging: the owners manual, and the Warrenty manual. both untouched and without being written in. Also when I say it's in the Yamaha packaging, it is in Yamaha stamped bags. Is this rare or am I just more proud of my bike then I should be?

Every guy who starts his bike on youtube and lets it run for ten seconds then turns it off would kill for that.

Well I am from the school of ride em' don't hide em'. My bike surely is not a hanger queen, but it is completely original and I thought this was a fairly cool thing to have. The gentleman I bought it from buys and sells XS 650's and he thought it was neat.

I have a condom in My billfold, unused and untouched, from like, 1972. It is in the original packaging. Should I put it on E-Bay? What is it worth? It is older than My Xs, so it should be collectible......:)

I have a condom in My billfold, unused and untouched, from like, 1972. It is in the original packaging. Should I put it on E-Bay? What is it worth? It is older than My Xs, so it should be collectible......:)

sounds like you should get out more .. :thumbsup:

sounds like you should get out more .. :thumbsup:
Or, more appropriately, get IT out more. .... Sorry.... couldn't resist...
As for your manual, sell it if you can. Unless you really love it. Owners manuals are the kind of things that people think are collectible, but really, not so much.

what about the original chain that came with the xs? keyed the same as the ignition bad ass if you ask me

I had a rare knife and I was told it was only worth $25, but that if I had the box it came in it would be worth upward of $100. What that means is you need the box the bike came in :) I know people who sell guitars like to have the manuals and the price tags that went with the guitar. I don't know if it works with vehicles. It's an edge over the competition maybe - all else being equal I'll take the one with its paperwork.

Back