HOW TO Videos

I am Carbon

shade tree mechanic
Reaction score
How to Videos
if You have seen a good how to video and want to share it with us this might be a good place to post it
Making reed valves at home if you can't find a replacement for your old two stroke engine.

littlebill31s valve adjustment videos
I want to thank him from his help to many
link to thread
this is a quote from littlebill31s thread
"Ok, here is a 4 part video tutorial on how to adjust the valves. My camera work is not too good, but you'll get the idea. Please note to do this with a cold engine. It's a pain until you get the hang of it, but is most essential.
Remember, as I advise, to rotate the engine back around through it's cycle and
re-check the valve you adjusted.
Always check to make sure you are at TDC compression stroke and you are adjusting the correct valve and using the correct clearence number.
Tappets - model...inlet...exhaust
...XS1-B.....0.003"(0.076mm)...0.006"(0.15mm)
...XS2-650..0.006"(0.15mm)....0.012"(0.30mm)
...XSB........0.0024"(0.06mm)...0.004"(0.10mm)
...XSC-on...0.0024"(0.06mm)...0.006"(0.15mm)

Hope it helps."

thanks again littlebill31

O-ring bike chain critical maintenance
See parts of a chain and learn where the critical surfaces are for maintenance to lower friction and motion resistance, get maximum performance and long service life out of your motorcycle chain.

The O-RINGS keep the grease contained on the inside of the link bushings to lubricate the pins. That is their job as an o-ring, to seal the factory grease from coming out but they also keep any outside grease, oil, wax from coming in. Really all you can do is lube the o-rings to keep them wet and from deteorating, and most importantly lubing the rollers on the hollow pins. Spraying the whole chain makes it resistant to corrosion.

This is the video description below.
How can you reliably tell your chain has reached its wear limit length? Watch the calculation as I work with the 21-pin-distance and upscale it and relate it to the rear axle adjustment inside the swingarm.
On most bikes with 16/46T sprockets and a 118-link drive chain the wear limit length is a quarter inch more than the distance between the centers of the front and wheel sprockets when the chain is new. When this quarter inch is reached after repeated chain tensioning adjustments over time the chain has reached its wear limit length, seen at the swingarm reference lines. This new c-c +1/4 inch total distance represents a 1.5% elongation. Wearing the chain farther on is possible as there is room in the swingarms, to a max of 3.5% elongation, or a total of 1 inch.
As wear happens at the pins and they get thinner, the pins bend more under engine load and they might break. Wearing your chain beyond the 1.5% or 1/4 inch limit is dangerous if the bike is operated at full throttle or so acceleration or on extreme incline angles. I find that moderate riding around town even with some hills on a mediocre-powered bike does not snap the chain. This is a calculated risk which I do not recommend, much like riding with no tread lift on a tire. My bike reaches the 1.5% wear limit after about 8000 km (rains 9 months a year here), and reaches the end of adjustment in the swingarm (3.6% elongation) at 22-25,000km.
Same principles and design limits apply to cam and counterbalancer drive chains and chainsaw chains as well.

hydrographics
cut the film, tape the edges that helps keep wrinkles out, put film in water, spray activator, dip part, let sit for 60 seconds or so, rinse with water, spray with clear coat. install part

Back