I cant seem to get my bike in tune

1sthough

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all ,any help would be great.My bike set last year i had no time to ride. anyway i wanted to do some upgrades so installed a basic standard pamco an put new brushes on the alternator a few other things that dont affect tuning. An i cant get it running right. I keep getting poping threw the left exaust and it will backfire through the right carb. an for reason i cant get it in time.the best I can get is between the f mark and the t mark and thats with it as far as it will go to advance the timing. Im have the carbs off cleaning them twice to make shore i didnt miss any thing an this hasnt helped.Any help would be great. I haven even been able to test run becase i can get it to idle but giveing it gas an it sounds like crap.

year of bike, change the coil when PAMCO installed, carbs cleaned, petcocks flow/cleaned? New gas? Pics might help too...Gotta give us something to work with...

year of bike, change the coil when PAMCO installed, carbs cleaned, petcocks flow/cleaned? New gas? Pics might help too...Gotta give us something to work with...[/QUOT
ts a 1977d its in my singature Ive cleaned the carbs twice new petcocks put the coil on that came with the pamco, new gas an ive tryed everything I can think of
Pics Added..

Last edited:
I learned the hard way if you have messed with the jetting go back to stock jetting for your area. If not clean everything carb or petrol oriantated.
Then cam chain tension, valave lash , Then engine timing in that order

Back