I just found 10 rock's in my carb. What's the weirdest thing you've found

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I just took my carb's apart because one had the float sticking occasionally an pouring gas out. So I pull the float needle assembly and there was 10 little rock's in a perfect circle just setting there. :eek: No wonder my float was sticking. I actually thought it was cat litter because that's what it looks like. And, I use cat litter in my garage for oil dry. But it's rocks. I couldn't resist biting it. Now I think I chipped a tooth. People will ask me what happened to your tooth. I'll have to say,,,"I been eatin rock's". :bike:

I don't know how this is even possible. I rebuilt these carb's last year and only ran them about 10 miles with out a filter. I had a brand new Detroit Bros tank. And I did flush it out and oiled it before I used it.

Then this year I've been running them on my TX750. But it's always had filter's. And I cleaned that tank as well. The rock's had to have all ready been in there. I can drive my self nuts trying to figure out where they came from.

So. What's the weirdest thing you guy's have found in your carb's.

Oh. And you know what they say. It didn't happen with out picture's. :bike:

tx750motor061_zps032991d6.jpg

#1 - Do you have small children who know how to wrench?
#2 - Have you ever seen paranormal phenomena, like that rare video showing a tennis ball bouncing THROUGH a short wall?
#3 - Do you have any enemies?
#4 - Have your bike tested for kidney stones...

I tossed and turned all night trying to figure out where the rocks came from.

Is it even possible for them to make their way through the carb passages and end up in the float needle assembly. I'm starting to think someone put them there. Na. I gotta relax on the conspiracy theories. Or do I. Hmmm.

Okay, Okay, everybody step back, take a deep breath, let it out slowly...
Those are indeed rocks. They are all about the same size. They are a little larger than sand grains.
Except those pesky stones you get in cheap playground sand.
I like cheap. I've used playground sand for sandblasting, but I screen it first, and guess what gets tossed?
Little stones just like that!
Comments?

chasing a rattle in a bike I bought found a piece of turquoise about the size of a quarter in one of the mufflers..... ??? still have it

I found lumps of silicone sealer even bigger than that in the float bowls of one carb set. The petcocks had been mounted using it but how it got into the bowls .... well ..... it managed. The "silicone bandits", as I like to call them, strike again, lol.

When I worked for a Ford dealer, a guy with an F150 came in with a noise when he turned corners. After much B.S., I took the door pane off, to find a 3/4" nut on a string, with a note that read: "Ha ha, you found it!"

Someone told me once that they found a beer bottle in the frame rail of their truck.
It must have been put in at the factory because it had to be broken into pieces to be taken out.

I found a small dead frog in the rear hatch tool well of my 944S2 once ??:wtf:

I also found the previous owners current Visa credit card in the door map pocket when I got the car home ! :wink2:

I guess i'll play. I found a little person figurine in the lower unit of my outboard motor when i was changing the prop seals. It was half ground to pieces. I thought it was something that was broke off somewhere when i asked the mechanic that was working on it previous, he said he must have had a "little helper" in the shop.

Bit gruesome but we once had a lady come in to Valvoline complaining of a smell in her Chrysler Seabring. We searched the inside and found nothing, then popped the hood and I found a dead kitten melted to the headers.....she lost it when I showed her lol.

Dragged an old Husqavarna home, mice had lived in the cylinder, took me a week with threaded rods and oak blocks to force the piston out of the bore, damn mouse piss. I've blown some serious amounts of field corn and other mouse nest contents out of exhausts a time or two on start ups. But no dead cats yet.

Being a carpenter theres always been talk about shiting in a wall cavity before sheet rocking on a pain in the ass customers house. I will take a lie detector test to prove I havent done this!!!!

Someone told me once that they found a beer bottle in the frame rail of their truck.
It must have been put in at the factory because it had to be broken into pieces to be taken out.

I know of a certain unnamed factory where drinking is allowed, even encouraged :) At least on night shift. "If you don't feel good let somebody else drive the fork lift."

Also, heard of a picture tube factory where a worker would spit tobacco in the tubes. A TV repairman told me the story.

CalsXS2,

Did you buy some of that cheap no name brand gas just before you did those 10 miles with no filter? :eek: The rocks are probably sediment from the underground tank at the "economy" gas station. :doh: You probably have another hundred of them still in the tank.:wtf: If your filter is not the see through type, then take it apart and look in there as well. :thumbsup:

Back