I Need a Mechanic - Los Angeles

Quinn

S-Tracker/74frame/79motor
Reaction score
Update...Installed PMA & then installed Pamco (yes I installed everything correctly). The bike starts but after a few hours of adjustments I still can get it running right. At this point I'm throwing in the towel - I'm no mechanic. It could be the PMA or Pamco or the Carbs or it could be a little of all three??? At any rate I need some professional help!!!
Can anyone recommend a mechanic in the LA or Valley area (North Hollywood, Van Nuys, Etc.)?

Thanks!!!

Your profile says you started with 3 non-runners. And you say you are not a mechanic? :yikes:

Timing, jetting, synch, leaks, plugs, could be anything. Installing parts according to a manual is about 10% of mechanics. Understanding how they work and being able to fit and adjust things is about 85% the other 5% is Pure friggin magic!:laugh:

Just messing with you. Find a reputable mechanic, and ask for contact with references. Make sure he knows the bikes before you commit. You don't want to finance someone's learning curve.

Attachments

• an_ass_and_a_hole_in_the_ground.jpg
    an_ass_and_a_hole_in_the_ground.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 71
Fabricating is one thing, but the mechanics of making a bike run... well that's a whole-nother deal.

Thanks for the advice - I'll post if i find someone good.

After adjusting the carberator and making sure I had gas in both sides of the tank it finally started running right, and yes with the aid of a strobe light we dialed it in... Wow she runs great!!!!

Thanks for the posts and reply's looks like I won't need a mechanics at the moment after all.

Back