I need advice ASAP on a 650xs PURCHASE tonight!!!

Hi everyone I just registered on here to get some advice on the purchase of a 1978 650 cafe style.

Here is the ad http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/3024706862.html

I negotiated it to $2200 cash tonight at 10pm is the pick up

is it worth it?:)

No. Just, no. I'd give him less than $500 after I checked compression, charging and the carbs.

It's not just bike prices (of course it is spring), I've been looking for a car and the prices I'm seeing are same kind of ridiculous. If you already have a bike to ride, better off waiting and finding a good one for a good price.

~ Derek

My wife just shelled out almost $390.00 to get a bonded title on a $1K car that belonged to an illegal. She bought it at a yard sale. I'm so glad that P.O.S. is gone!

Here in North Carolina titles are really hard to get and even after posting bonds and securing titles you can still end up loosing the bike and everything you have in it. I know because I lost over $6000 in one of those deals even though the NC DMV lead me through every step of the way. Even DMV told me I did everything right but that didn't stop the previous owner from legally taking it back. Hence, the reason I'm one of the founders of http://www.stolenmotorcycle.net

To give hime credit, he actually has the bike registered until June 2012, he was offering to do a transfer of title at the DMV.

But I will keep looking for one.

To give hime credit, he actually has the bike registered until June 2012, he was offering to do a transfer of title at the DMV.

But I will keep looking for one.

You keep defending him. The bottom line is that this guy is nuts with the price he is asking. You asked for our opinion and you got it. This was a definite do not buy. If he was able to get the title, maybe toss him $1100.

I paid $500 for mine, not running, no title, but the VINs matched. it had been unregistered in WA long enough that they just took my bill of sale, notarized release of interest from the PO, and issued me a new title and plate.

Its a project for sure but there is not anything fatally wrong with it that I've found.

Back