Idiot Light

Grumpy

Grumpy
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the correct name for the light Assembly mounted in between the Speedo & Tacho is ??? It is a assembly that houses 3 warning lights! 1 Neutral warning light, 1 Turn Signal Light, & 1 Oil warning light! In Australia they are called Idiot Lights but trying to track one down using that name is not helping!:wtf:

I call that a dash. There is no oil waring light, never was.
Depending on the year the lights varied. Some years like my 75, it held the turns, and brake warning light, that was red. The high beam and neutral were in the tach.
Other years had the high beam, turns and a headlight warning light, it was white.
I might shop ebay and search, dash, gauges, or something like that. If you find some thing close search using a word in that ad.
Leo

Might try Instrument panel, Instrument cluster has the spedo and tach included.

78/79 Special has, (top to bottom), the turn signal-orange, brake fail-red and headlight fail-white and neutral-green and high-beam light-blue in the taco.

80 and later has, (top to bottom), turn signal-orange, Headlight fail-white, neutral-green and the headlight high beam-blue, in the taco

XS400 has an oil light in the instrument panel and it is interchangeable with the XS on the Special models.

I call that a dash. There is no oil waring light, never was.
Depending on the year the lights varied. Some years like my 75, it held the turns, and brake warning light, that was red. The high beam and neutral were in the tach.
Other years had the high beam, turns and a headlight warning light, it was white.
I might shop ebay and search, dash, gauges, or something like that. If you find some thing close search using a word in that ad.
Leo
thanks mate but I have the part in front of me & it does say oil!

Might try Instrument panel, Instrument cluster has the spedo and tach included.

78/79 Special has, (top to bottom), the turn signal-orange, brake fail-red and headlight fail-white and neutral-green and high-beam light-blue in the taco.

80 and later has, (top to bottom), turn signal-orange, Headlight fail-white, neutral-green and the headlight high beam-blue, in the taco

XS400 has an oil light in the instrument panel and it is interchangeable with the XS on the Special models.
You got it mate! Thats what I got !!!! Cheers

Back