If you had 200.00 and your wife's permission.....

...what you buy or upgrade on your XS??

Hi Jpwhit,
$200 is a significant amount to folks who live on a tight budget but it's a modest evening out for others, eh?
My wife and I would certainly discuss any $200 expense before we made it.
That said, my last birthday gift from her was a gift certificate from a bike shop so I don't think she'd mind.
But what to spend $200 on, you ask?
Tires, chain & sprockets, even a seat cover, those are maintenance items and don't count.
Bike already has all the extras it needs.
Re paint the tank and sidecovers to match the sidecar perhaps?
Or would that be too much silver-grey metallic?
Nah, do the modest evening out.

pfttttt.....I spend it before she does...but she's not your average girl.....she would spend it on orchard grass for the horses, in fact today, im working on a xl250 that just can't seem to keep sparking. she said" what ever it takes, your the budget-et'er"
New coil on the way. ;P

pfttttt.....I spend it before she does...but she's not your average girl.....she would spend it on orchard grass for the horses, in fact today, im working on a xl250 that just can't seem to keep sparking. she said" what ever it takes, your the budget-et'er"
New coil on the way. ;P

Hi angus,
us city boys don't know these things, so orchard grass is a special treat for horses?
Like buying high octane gas for your bike?
Or like drinking single malt instead of cheap rye?

Yes Fred. Orchard grass is premium, KY31(fescue) is like old gasohol.
But the cows do fine on fescue and with some legumes thrown in the planting you can get a feed value close to alfalfa.

orchard grass is like your lawn grass. a lot better for the horse than alfalfa. its not as coarse fibrous. wich ever one is cheapest at the time, alf, or orchard, that's what we get. we go thru 3 bales a week. our land doesn't maintain growth, so we buy.
Ok, back to the topic.

Back