If you thought you were getting ripped off by Mikes Before???

two things that bug the shit outta me about mikes xs:

1.) slow ass shipping. my 650central orders always get to me in California is like two days! Mikes usually takes like two weeks. And I always get a bag of M&Ms from 650central :)

2.) a lot of times I order something because the description makes it seem like it comes with two or three of the item, or whatever quantity it is I need. I get the item to find that I only got one of them... This happened with hose clamps and some washers. They need to make this clearer how many individual units come with each order.

If the prices get high enough, I can see someone else trying to seriously compete with him. If no one does, then more profits for mike and the new owners.

If the prices in Canada haven't gone up i would guess to say that Mike L hasn't put his prices up either, or do you know something we don't Travis

^ Nope.. Good point though, I should have said more profits for the new owners.

Also, the site says "Save 55%"... That might very well be true if the price is $263 after the sale is over.. It is kind of deceiving to raise the normal price of a product and put it on sale at the same time and claim a 55% savings. You're not saving 55% from the price the day before it went on sale, you're saving 55% from the future price once the sale is over. If the sale is perpetual or the regular price never becomes $263 for the same product, then that's a little shady.

The Canadian currency has taken a jump lately, maybe why we're paying less. CDN dollar is now above the US dollar. I've always had good service from Mikes.

We made a mistake and didn't realize we didn't have the petcocks for the tanks. We were very excited to launch the sale, which from what I understand is the first one ever and missed some details. To make matters worse, the discounts are automatically generated, which overstated discount. We are removing all discounts listed to get rid of 55%. We are very sorry. We care very much about our customers and their experience with us. We are working hard to make Mike's a better company and along the way we will probably make some mistakes. Thanks for your support

Welcome and thanks for the intro.

We made a mistake and didn't realize we didn't have the petcocks for the tanks. We were very excited to launch the sale, which from what I understand is the first one ever and missed some details. To make matters worse, the discounts are automatically generated, which overstated discount. We are removing all discounts listed to get rid of 55%. We are very sorry. We care very much about our customers and their experience with us. We are working hard to make Mike's a better company and along the way we will probably make some mistakes. Thanks for your support

In the past i have defended Mikes when i felt the poster was on a witch hunt.

I started this thread and my opinion has not changed because of your post. This is why..........Learn to proof read and you will remove doubt about what you are really saying, Your wording states "we are removing all discounts listed to get rid of 55%". Grammar and missed words make a big difference in what the written word means, this statement reads ....you are removing all discounts

Caring about your customers experience. When you first took over customers payed for 2 day shipping but did not receive their goods for up to 2 weeks. You did an across the board 10% rise and that would have included old stock, ( nice profit increase), and now you have discounted the old stock to make it look like a Huge saving when in fact it is not. There is a large thread about this here on XS650.com

On your site you still state the Tank was $263, (including your across the board 10% rise on old stock when you took over), this price included the petcocks, your sale price down from $263 does not include the petcocks. New customers won't know the difference.............. a slight of hand .........Yes.......caring for your customers :confused:

I didn't read it that way.... My mother used to always say "You know what I mean! Don't go by what I say, go by what I mean!"

He could have said "we are removing all discount percentages listed to get rid of 55%"... but I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference.. The thing to note is that the items are still on sale on the site, but the % savings figures are gone. :)

I didn't read it that way.... My mother used to always say "You know what I mean! Don't go by what I say, go by what I mean!" :)

The written word is a statement that can be read in many ways, that is why we have comers, fullstops and such to lessen confusion, and you know what i mean Travis:laugh:

% savings figures gone :shrug: Still a slight of hand from someone pro-porting to care about their customers:)

Wow....really. What is the purpose of this thread? If you don't like the prices or the service, take your business elsewhere, pretty simple really. As far as the discount issue, do you somehow think this is not done on a daily basis for every product under the sun? I normally don't chime in on this kind of thing but between the whining here about Mikes service, discounts (or lack thereof), DaDDyG, grammar, punctuation, ebonics.....jeesh
:wtf: :doh: :banghead: I guess I do have the choice to not read this drivel though :thumbsup:

They ought to hire a bartender as a consultant to advise them on dealing with a bunch of drunks for customers :)

Wow....really. What is the purpose of this thread? If you don't like the prices or the service, take your business elsewhere, pretty simple really. As far as the discount issue, do you somehow think this is not done on a daily basis for every product under the sun? I normally don't chime in on this kind of thing but between the whining here about Mikes service, discounts (or lack thereof), DaDDyG, grammar, punctuation, ebonics.....jeesh
:wtf: :doh: :banghead: I guess I do have the choice to not read this drivel though :thumbsup:

In answer to why i started this thread, I work for myself as a chippie, i don't like to see people get ripped of by greedy people.

I don't know why i am replying to you, if you can't see my point then kiss the new owners of Mikesx's arse and enjoy the bent over position:D

Hmmm....I don't kiss anyones ass, but I also don't whine and complain about a business who are there to make money. Greedy people? How much to you pay for a gallon of gas? Huh? Easy to figure out, don't like Mikes, don't buy Mikes. I don't now why you are replying to me either because I CLEARLY see your point, but find no validity to it. So maybe that part of my original reply was a poor choice of words. :banghead: :D

In answer to why i started this thread, I work for myself as a chippie, i don't like to see people get ripped of by greedy people.

I don't know why i am replying to you, if you can't see my point then kiss the new owners of Mikesx's arse and enjoy the bent over position:D

does this thread make my ass look fat ?

donkey.jpg

Nice to hear from you folks and that you at least somewhat follow this site.:thumbsup:

This may or may not apply in some houses.

@rwingsfan +1

Attachments

• staying up.png
    staying up.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 128
Back