Ignition switch wiring problems

BRok13

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I broke my key off in my switch last night . I have an extra ignition however it's a little different than my current ignition. My current ignition is a sporty switch and turns forward once to activate the coils , kick start, then turns forward one more time for lights. This ignition is an Emgo 3 position switch http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/p341/...tion-ignition-key-switch-for-your-motorcycle/ and with teeth down has the off position in the center , a turn back and 1 turn forward. How can I wire this up for lights and ignition all one click forward ? any advice would be great ... Also if it helps it's bare chopper with tail light , headlights , and pamco nothing real fancy. Thanks in advance

On the switch there is power coming in on one wire. Hook this to the battery side. which ever wire has output on it in whatever position you want, hook this to the rest of the electrical system. The main switch needs to turn on/off the power from the battery to the rest of the bike.
Leo

why not hook it the way it was designed. that way, full power to coils, start, then flick switch to turn on everything else. full power at startup is good.
Or am I not understanding? I have the el'cheapo one from monstercr. and waiting for it to die. cheasy pos. I want to replace with the one u have. sounds to work the same. first click, power to coils, then second click, power to everything else.

Back