I'm getting my next project this thursday

72XS2

XS650 Addict
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm really excited, I finally found my next project, even if the 72 is not finished. I was hesitant between an old bike like a Triumph, a BSA, another XS or a V-Star 1100 Classic. Finally, I decided to go for a V-Star. I will change some parts to make it look like a bobber with a fat front tire. It's a 2000 with only 20000km (about 12000 miles). I will post more pics when I will begin to work on it. I'm not sure that I will keep the white walls tires on it.

I know, it's not a XS but at least, it's a Yamaha !

22727768-0-1287005945.jpg

Last edited:
nice cruiser! ww look ok, dual disks?
dont know much about those, but is that hypercharger functional? i mean, is there a carb behind it?

Welcome to the world of V-Stars! I love mine. It's a 2007 and I've put over 40,000 miles on it since I got it from touring around the country. Now it's my solo bike and gets to just look pretty.:thumbsup: Be sure to stop over at the V-Star 1100 forum. There is a wealth of knowledge over there, and these bikes have a lot of hidden power if you make some fairly simple changes (including ditching that Hypercharger). This is the forum:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/yamaha1100/start

And this is their Knowledgebase of information about the bike. If you've got a question, it's probably already been answered and documented in here:

http://www.sloneservices.com/SilverBack/VStar1100-FAQ.htm

IMG_20101025_174030-1.jpg

Kent

Thanks Kent for the links. I just got back with my new bike. I had to drive about 5 hours to get there and 5 more hours to come back with it. I was a long run but I'm really happy. It looks better than the picture, almost like a new bike. The owner asked 3300$ for it and I finally got it for 3000$. :D

Sounds like you made a pretty good score! Make yourself known over on the 1100 forum, and you can probably sell off some of those accessories you won't be using for some extra funds to modify the bike. Congrats!

Kent

Back