im torn so im totally leaving it up to you guys

da evil one

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
top end is totally polished as im sure youve seen me gloating about on here. if not it the posting "sick xs top end" here under paint. im torn right down the middle about polishing the cases too or breaking it up a little and blacking em out with the side covers polished. i dont know and i could go either way so survey says...! im gonna do exactly what the majority of people on here say to do. best of 30 votes either way? 20 votes? i dont know. take a vote on how many votes? heh..im such a dork.

You're far enough away from me so you can use my paint scheme:thumbsup:

I painted the engine gloss black with etch primer/engine enamel, polished side covers and rocker box. I'm in the middle of assembly and I haven't painted the cases yet - so no pics at this time. :twocents:

By the way, great polishing job (my entire garage is covered in black fuzz right now)

Polish it! You know you want to, otherwise you wouldn't have asked. You'll regret it if you don't now. Do it. It'll look crazy nice.

Polish the cases and paint the cylinder and head black! OK just jerking your chain. IMHO some black helps break up the big lump O silver and adds interest to the engine.

I'm with gggGary, if you paint the cases black and polish up the covers all that polishing you did is gonna stand out quite a bit more

I really want to say polish it all just because I want see one done that way.. But for your sake, and to break it up a little, paint the cases black and polish the covers.

Polish those cases, it won't take you as long as the top end.

DSCN1133.jpg

You could paint just the center "block" black, and polish each side cover. That would look nice with your polished top end. Picture your polished cylinders on my lower end.

Attachments

• rsz engine.jpg
    rsz engine.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 153
that was what i had in mind if i was gonna black anything Tech. by the way, that engine looks badass! never saw anyone not polish the fins edges and have it not look kinda "rat" but that just looks mean. diggin it.

You could paint just the center "block" black, and polish each side cover. That would look nice with your polished top end. Picture your polished cylinders on my lower end.

I agree with this.
If it could be kept up, it would look bitchen to have the center black in crinkle black. Be hard to keep that looking fresh tho, probably.

Back