Wanted - In absolute desperate need now for bs 38's

Cronos

XS650 Member
Reaction score
its the only thing now from stopping me getting on the road.

I dont like BS 34's as they run way too rich on my bike no matter what i do to the settings.

I have a set of BS 38's that always got me about 60mpg, RUNNING STRAIGHT THROUGH DRAG PIPES AND K&N's

Sounds unbelievable i know but believe me it isnt, this engine has always been so economical on the BS38's that i dont wanna change them.

I have one set but the float bowls fill with fuel and empty onto the crank cases

Ive changed all the seals, both floats

Float gaskets, The needles, jets, etc etc, Ive rebuilt the entire carbs and they still fill with fuel and leak onto he crank cases

Ive set the float levels in many different settings and still nowt,

So now i just need another pair

It sounds like your petcocks are bad. if you have the vacuum type the they could be leaking. Try close them off when you park. Good luck Tony C.

Thanks tony but im using a sporster tank on my Xs chop and im running a universal straight on and off petcock that im most sure is ok as it was purchased only 4 months ago

brand new parts can be faulty. just to be 100% positive, you could unhook the fuel line and see if the petcock leaks/drips after sitting for a while.

Also, do you park the bike on the side stand or center stand?

It's rare, Cronos, but the brass float chamber vent pipe sometimes leaks at the base where it's pressed into the float bowl--no known fix. Take the bowls off, level them, fill them with fuel, and see if one of them pukes it out. If that's your problem look at the round boss on the bottom of the float bowl and tell me what's stamped there; I probably have a replacement.

i have a nice set of BS38's from my 75 xs650... cleaned, jetted, painted and polished... shoot me a price.

Back