In dire need of help!! What to use off wiring harness

Twixxx

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am building a custom rat rod style cart made from a cut down junior dragster frame... I am using a '90 xs650 an need to know what I need to use from the wiring harness to make sure the engine will run as it's off the frame and only came with the wiring harness, rectifier etc... I am trying to use the bare minimum on the cart just to make it run correctly so i can customize as much as possible... Any information would be greatly appreciated

Hopefully that year is just a typo..

Just finished my bike... There was only 2 things I took from the old harness..

1 being the regulator/rectifier (aluminum w/ heatsinks).
The other being the Ignition unit (black plastic box).

Oh, I used the starter relay too...

Thats it & it runs great.

I apologize for the typo, I meant to type '80. Thank you for your help especially the simplified diagrams... What do I need to have hooked up to make sure the engine will run. The ignition switch did not come with the engine so I need to make sure the engine has spark but I was told I need to have the wiring hooked up and everything.... I also apologize for my lack of knowledge with the topic, I know wiring and fabrication but very little of motorcycle engines.

I have a 75 xs650 and a custom hard tailed frame n I'm wondering what wiring ill need to do to just jun kick start and lights will I still have to have a key? Need help badly

Posted via Mobile

Back