Ingition switch, fuse, battery and rectifier question.

section8joe

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm extremely new to wiring but everything is working and charging. I'm cleaning up my wiring and I wonder if I can switch something up. Right now I have my ignition switch the from the switch my red wires split. One wire is fused and goes to my battery. The other wire goes to the reg/rect. Here is a little picture of how I'm currently set up.
5685056266_7b8c4c5a98_z.jpg

Now, I have my rect/reg mounted to the outside of my battery box. I would like to just run a wire from the rect/reg straight to the battery. If I did this I would have my ignition switch going to a fuse then down to the battery and right before the battery my rect/reg would be spliced in. Here's a pic.
5685053774_e5a8e389a7_z.jpg

My current set up has two red wires running from my ingition switch(on my oilbag) all the way down to the battery and the reg/rect. If the other setup works then I will have one less wire to run through my frame.

What do you guys think?

I'm re-reading this post and I'm sorry if it's really basic and stupid. I'm fairly sure I would be ok with either setup. I just want to be 100% sure. I don't want to have my wire attached somewhere that make the fuse useless.

pic one is like the stock setup, put your fuse close to the battery and come out of the fuse with two leads, no point in having it go up to ign. switch and then come back, it's the same point electrically. fuse is before reg/rec so it will blow if reg/rec shorts

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 70
Back