Inner camshaft bushings

Vmx51

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am putting a Pamco on my 1980 which had TCI ignition. I bought the inner bushings and labyrinth seals to put in my camshaft. They just slip in , with no resistance whatsoever. Do they need to be loctited in ?? , or is something wrong with them ??

Seems that last year folks were having problems with "too large" bushings.
Now, yours are too small.

Makes you wonder.

This is one of those situations where taking precise measurements with calipers is necessary...

I put a Pamco in my 81 and my bushings needed help getting in there so something is off. Message Pamco Pete, I'm sure he'll make it right.

I put a Pamco in my 81 and my bushings needed help getting in there so something is off. Message Pamco Pete, I'm sure he'll make it right.

these bushings are neither made or sold by pete. they are a mikesxs product. i just installed some the other night and had to take .005"+ off the bushings to make them fit...

as far as them being loose, not sure how big of a problem that is. unless they are REALLY loose and the advance rod is wobbling around.

Locktight may work if the clearance isn't too large. If too excessive lock tight might not fill the gap.
The bushings support the advance rod of course, but on the advancer side they also prevent the advancer locating pin from falling inside the cam.
If you are using the basic Pamco they should fit right. On the E-advancer version a bit loose won't matter. The advance rod doesn't turn inside the cam as in the basic using the stock advancer does. The cam and advance rod get locked solid together with the advancer replacment cap.
Leo

I bought the bushings , labyrinth seals and needle roller bearings from mikes XS. It seems the the needle roller bearings will need some "assistance" to go in , so I think I should use them instead of the labyrinth seals which "fall" in

Be very careful trying to force anything in the cam, it has a very thin section on the end, quite a few have cracked it forcing in too large bushings.

Back