Installation tips

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
I get asked this question a bunch and there are KITS and MANY threads on installing HARLEY fronts and SPRINGER fronts on XS650 also so many others that can fit.
BEARINGS and RACES are the key to make it easy for a clean install.
Harley Sportster or Springers install the same
This is how I do it
HARLEY or TRAILER 1" BEARINGS
ALL BALLS KIT use RACES save bearings for another day
Grinder or small cut off saw
You use the 1" bearings top and bottom and use the XS650 Races
CUT or GRIND 1/16" off bottom RACE pocket because it sits TOO HIGH with the XS650 race. This brings the lower bearing right where it needs to lay on lower tree.
Make sure you clean it up good and install the TREES . This will also put the stops if you have them in the correct position. Use good grease and pack both bearings.
Same for SPRINGER BUT!!!! there are two things you need to do to a DNA for completion. There is a small ALLEN BOLT in the center of the lower tree this holds the post but not good so what I do is take a small drill and make a INDENT on the post and screw the ALLEN BOLT back in and that post cannot move. Next on the Risers you are going to find 2 DIFFERENT THREADS one course and one fine. So I go to my local hardware store and buy two long COURSE bolts and cut the other end and thread them FINE. That solves your problem and makes everything SAFE.
COST to do this is UNDER $60.00 ALLBALLS is the big cost of this swap or if you could find a company that just sells the races there is a number on them.
HAVE FUN...... :D KEEP CHOPPING:thumbsup:
NEED TO TALK ON PHONE contact me at DADDYGCYCLES@YAHOO.COM
Have a great DAY!!!:bike:
RICH

Attachments

• $(KGrHqYOKnME4N+Kr!EHBOGJkEkS-g~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqYOKnME4N+Kr!EHBOGJkEkS-g~~_3.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 100_0856.jpg
    100_0856.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 216
  • frame&springer.jpg