Installing a 650 Central E-Z Clutch Cable?

birdog4549

81 XS-H Special II
Reaction score
In trying to do the best for my '81 Special II I ordered the E-Z pull cable from 650 Central. the Gentleman was very nice but I have not pulled the case side off yet and the invoice paper says "Make sure push screw fully returns. Added spring preload will be required" Has anyone put one of thes in and what does that mean. At least I am riding the way it is.

BD I have one but never installed. I ordered the Hydraulic set up from Hugh. I also was also told to use a stronger return spring. Good luck. Tony C

Must be new I installed my E-Z pull cable a couple of years ago new to me sound advice don't fuck up your spring you won't have problems also a good time inspect and clean and regrease that worm gear.

^What he said. If your worm gear is making a racket stuff 'er with grease.

You'll see the return spring plain as day when you pop that left hand cover off.

I have been using that same clutch cable for quite a few years now, and it works great. I use the stock return spring, and it works just fine. Cable lubrication is important.

I took a different route... Picked up a Kawasaki clutch perch (KZ400, I think...) the EZ-Pull cable was too long with that, that perch and a stock cable gave me about the same set-up as the stock perch and the EZ pull...

*shrug*

Back