insurance

frank white

XS650 Member
Reaction score
im trying to find the cheapest insurance quote for my 81 xs650. any one have any suggestions on what insurance company has the lowest rates ? I live in NJ have a clean driving record no accidents no points and I am 30 years of age.

For just liability in New York most companies charge around $75-$80 a year. At those prices use whichever you like. I might start at the place you have your car insurance.
I use Progressive. Full coverage on the Harley plus just liability on three others for $290 a year.

Holy s&% you guys get cheap insurance in NY!
Up here in Ontario, the best price I could get was under a "classic" title and it's around $300.

I have Progressive. I switched from Nationwide, they were way too much. I pay $79.00 a year for my bike. Clean record, homeowner, rider safety course, multiple vehicles.

I'd be careful with progressive. I had them on 4 cars and my ducati for many years. Then I was hit head on by a kid on my duc. Progressive's policy is that if they can't prove whose fault it is, they blame the motorcycle! He was in my lane but there wasn't any witnesses so I got blamed for the whole thing! They said I couldn't prove he was in my lane, but he can prove my bike went down, so it was my fault. I dropped progressive shortly after.

Progressive through my local insurance agent (some other name, same company) 2 bikes liability, 2 riders (wife and I) all old and clean. about $150 a year

Back