Internal throttle and clutch... who's done it?

1lowdiesel

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just sitting here at work brainstorming and was wondering who here has done an internal throttle and or clutch? I'm looking at the Demon cycle kit and it seems fairly straight forward.

I'm more concerned with the internal clutch set up with making sure that there's enough leverage to actually actuate the clutch. I'm going to be doing either 1" or 1 1/4" bars and i love the clean look.

Kyle

Been wondering the same actually. I'll be watching this. Watched a few vids and read a few bits online, doesn't seem too complicated I think.

Only I have seen are from Exile Cycles, and used on Harleys.
Spendy, but seems to have worked?

Hey... I am putting internal throttle and clutch on mine. Go to a high end bike store and get the two into one cable for stunt bikes for the throttle... perfect fit and all you have to do is make terminators for the carb end. Making my own clutch cable but so far everything is coming together. I will post more and add pics as I get to that point.
Video here

My understanding is that these are one of those things that you don't want to skimp on. Buy the best you can find, running those cables internally can cause massive headaches if they start to fray and or stick.

Back