Internal throttle w/ clip-on bars

xtremeridah

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I am looking to do an internal throttle kit w/ clip-on handlebars. I am having a hard time finding 1" clip-on that fit 35mm forks. Any suggestions on where to find 1" clip-ons that will fit 35mm forks or maybe someone that can fabricate some affordably?? Or is this even possible to do?? I just picked up a 79 and this is my first build

I ordered 35 mm clip ons and cut the 7/8ths bars off....mounted some 1 inch bars to it. I run a Nash sticky internal throttle. So yup it can be done!

Posted via Mobile

die grinder , tig ...chop 4 inchs of right bar and stick throttle in and boom! drilled a hole at the end for cable to come out and stuck a grommet in there and called it a day.

Any reason you can't use 7/8?

goto http://www.hondaminitrail.com/z50.html search for "45k" on the page complete internal throttle just modify your clip ons

I bought 1" hand grips already and the only 7/8 internal throttle I came across was $300, until your post, so I was trying to use a cheaper kit that fits 1" bars. I could only find the grips I wanted in 1"

not a fan of the limited options for 7/8ths.

cheap and internal throttle dont go together! if you buy a 89.99 one off egay you might not live to tell about it just my:twocents:

Def not going that cheap. I found one on a site for custom choppers thats about $175, could use the extra $125 for somehting else on the bike. lol I think I'm gonna try buying the 7/8th bars and fabricating with some 1" bars

Back