Internally wiring frame

section8joe

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm trying to clean up all the wires on my bike and I want to run them through the frame. Can you guys give me some tips on internally wiring through the frame. I know how to fish the wires through the frame, I'm just wondering on doing this with large looms of wire. I don't want to drill a giant hole in the frame an weaken the frame.

I have ran wires already shrink wrapped through all at one time. How do you keep run one or two at a time? Do you refish the string through each time and pull the wires eith the string? Do you shrink wrap them after you run them? I believe I have about 8 wires to run through the frame.

I have ran wires already shrink wrapped through all at one time. How do you keep run one or two at a time? Do you refish the string through each time and pull the wires eith the string? Do you shrink wrap them after you run them? I believe I have about 8 wires to run through the frame.

I'd just run them separately depending on where they're going. Like if you have 2 going from X to Y and 4 going to A to B. Shrink wrap them separately and run them through. Otherwise, you'd have to drill a pretty big hold to run a mass of wires. Definitely run them sans any pin connectors or anything.

i always weld a large washer to the frame around the entry and exit points for extra strength...you want absolute minimal cables...last time i used 5 wires for a system with stop, tail and indicator lights by adding a small fuse box in the headlight...everything earthed directly to the frame

I think I have 6 wires. I think I'm gonna try to run two at a time and see how that goes. I do like the washer welded to the frame. I have do that too! Thanks for the help.

Back