inverted forks??

AceofSpades

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have lowered my XS about 1 1/2 inches (slid tubes up in triple trees till they hit the bars) but would really like some forks (and trees) that are more suited to high spirited riding and better ride than whet those pencil thin 34mm tubes provide. my question is: Has anyone out there done an inverted fork swap ? what forks/trees were used? how were they mated to the stock neck tube? Any help or suggestions are appreciated.. btw, part of the desire is also for looks....

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    235.2 KB · Views: 330
Uh which one? The hot rod is sitting but I would like to get a few things done to it. I have been putting a 78 standard together probably to sell. And I got a 77 going and sold it to member.
I have a guy doing two paint jobs in trade for a 79 SII I fixed up but haven't seen the paint yet. First job is stock 77 maroon with factory decals under the clear for a bike that's in line for a restoration type project. I haven't decided between stock paint on a 70 or doing up the fiberglass tank/seat set for the second paint job. I have some aluminum round stock chucked up in the lathe to make axle spacers for the bobbatracker. I have the 17mm center bored but that it's it so far. I picked up a set of 17" Super moto wheels with a brembo front rotor and now can't decide to use those or the 79S2 spoke alloy wheels........ Still tying to get my daughters car "issues" straightened out and tore the deck off the house last night. It's getting to be time to start cutting firewood too.

Back