Is my XS2 rear brake switch mount broke

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure this is broke. It had a really rigged brake switch in there that I don't think was stock. Isn't there supposed to be a complete circle for the switch to go in. Also, the tab is cracked and about to brake off.

I'm sure I couldn't find one any where. But,,,anybody got one the could cut off a 72. :D I doubt it. Assuming it is broke, I'm thinking is I could just weld a washer to what I have,, and make the best of it. My hole bracket is moving around so I don't know exactly how to weld it. Should the flat part on the bracket be pretty much horizontal, making the switch vertical. :confused:

Anyone able to take a pic for me. Thanks

Attachments

• brake switch mount.jpg
    brake switch mount.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 87
its not sposed to be a full circle. if it was, you couldnt get the switch in

I'm not saying I don't believe you, :D but couldn't you just take the jamb nut's off and put the switch in if it was a full circle. Just askin. :confused:

I sure would like to see a picture of one.

My 72 also has the open mount for the switch. The two nuts on the switch tighten together to hold them to the bracket.

I don't have a picture, but I can probably get one tomorrow, the mounting point is essentially horizontal (switch vertical) like you said. It might be at a slight angle so that the brake pivot pulls straight down on the switch.

Back