Is the Royal Enfield becoming the new XS? S&S offer performance parts already.

YouTube is the best place spreading the warning about this company defaulting on their warranty

YouTube is the best place spreading the warning about this company defaulting on their warranty

Indeed - if true, it is extremely disappointing to hear about R-E's welching on their warranty. I cannot imagine on what grounds they would do that.

For a new brand entering the most lucrative vehicle market in the world - fair, generous, comprehensive and prompt warranty coverage is absolutely mandatory for survival and growth. On the other hand, jerking around the very people who took a chance on your new brand is a guarantee of failure.

Just look at how Hyundai / Kia have handled the Theta engine catastrophe: essentially, reports are that they will replace or rebuild ANY Theta engine that fails, regardless of mileage, no questions asked. I know a chap who is a service manager at one of their dealerships and he tells me that they are doing about 3-6 engines a week - but it seems to be slowing down.

If the Korean firms had not done that - they would be toast.

Maybe it’s like all the politics on social media. There’s always more to the story, but you get half of it at best. For now, I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Meanwhile, the Kawasaki W800 looks like a work of art. Same goes for Triumph offerings. Of course, you’re not getting one for $6K.

Indeed. I don't know if you ever watched it but there is a very good (and totally hilarious) review of the Kawasaki W800 on YouTube. It is by an Aussie named Marlon Slack and so if you search on: "An honest review of the Kawasaki W800"

...or - here is the linky:

Slack also did some reviews of several Triumph models which are equally funny and informative.

Turn up the sound - and enjoy! I just wish he would do more reviews - the last posting was at least a year ago.

Pete

042519-2019-Kawasaki-W800-Cafe-f.jpg

KAWASAKI W800 CAFE

Maybe it’s like all the politics on social media. There’s always more to the story, but you get half of it at best. For now, I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Meanwhile, the Kawasaki W800 looks like a work of art. Same goes for Triumph offerings. Of course, you’re not getting one for $6K.
Bike had less than 5000 miles..80 some miles after an oil change by the dealer..a 6 month old new Classic 500 model.
The rest of the details I posted above are all that was made public...In addition that person was "thinking" of just buying a replacement motor from RE for $2300...I don't think he should do that....details are still coming...I will withhold judgement until I have heard more...

Some disturbing news..In my local Advrider group is one person who bought a new RE ..a single cyl. model..but not sure which one...Seems right after the local Honda dealer that is selling these..right after a oil change...The engine casing blew a hole in it and all the oil sprayed out..It was being ridden at the time..Well it turns out RE will not stand behind it..and the dealership suggested the patron total ot.out through their insurance company.
But GEICO will not cover the the full cost of the bike...so they are being screwed...
So if a manufacturing defect occurs at they are at fault as in this case..RE won't stand behind it and replace the engine...As far as I am concerned..this is a deal killer...
Your friend should contact Honda and Royal Enfield Consumer Relations Dept. This dealer is running interference. I bought a new GMC van from a Chrysler dealer who owned a GMC truck franchise. They promised me the service manuals on my new truck and failed to come through and the manager was avoiding me until I called the consumer relations department at GMC, who verifies the dealer is keeping the good name of the manufacturer it represents and is dealing in good faith with the public. This is going to the top. The consumer relations representative visits the dealers on a regular schedule, possibly once a month. You can either contact them by phone or make a scene in the dealership when the rep shows up. I called consumer relations to find out when the rep would be there. I rode there on my bike and sat in the showroom with my leathers on and when I was asked by a salesman what I wanted, I said that I wanted to speak with the manager, He told me that the manager wasn't there. I said, "That's OK, because when Mr. Berry (consumer relations rep) gets here at 1:30, I'm gonna raise holy hell." It didn't take the manager 5 minutes to trot over to me with a nervous smile and a check for $35 for the manuals which I called to have delivered to me. Dealers are afraid of this as it demonstrates to the manufacturer that this dealer is not worthy and they might decide to pull their franchise. That's why dealers send you customer satisfaction surveys. I did this because I was upset with the manager for lying to me and avoiding me after visiting them on three occasions. Most people feel they have no recourse when they get the business from a dealership. This is not true. On another occasion, after the warranty expired on our RAV-4 the water pump started leaking and the Toyota dealer who did the repairs told us to contact consumer relations. The water pump was leaking due a folded gasket. The repairs were $800. So, I called them. they said they would verify the situation. They never called me back. Instead, sent me a check for $500.

Last edited:
Some disturbing news..In my local Advrider group is one person who bought a new RE ..a single cyl. model..but not sure which one...Seems right after the local Honda dealer that is selling these..right after a oil change...The engine casing blew a hole in it and all the oil sprayed out..It was being ridden at the time..Well it turns out RE will not stand behind it..and the dealership suggested the patron total ot.out through their insurance company.
But GEICO will not cover the the full cost of the bike...so they are being screwed...
So if a manufacturing defect occurs at they are at fault as in this case..RE won't stand behind it and replace the engine...As far as I am concerned..this is a deal killer...
I bought a new 2015 535 GT in 2017. After a few months it started running horribly. The dealer I bought it from is over a 100 miles away from me so I did some trouble shooting. Long story short the fuel tank had rust in it. Some of the rust had got through the filter before the fuel pump and forked up the injector. I called the dealership and explained what happened. After a discussion it was decided they would pickup the bike and repair it and I would then go and pick it up. All went as planned. It took a month for the repair as they had to replace the entire fuel system. The tank had to come from India. My experience with RE warranty is very positive. The dealer can make all the difference.

Cooper mud hole.jpg Warranty... just recently got a new truck... you always seem to get the deal done..then they take ya into a room and hawk... " extended " warranty..for this and that. I pass'd on "extended ". When we had our new Kia Soul....(traded in on truck) first air filter replacement... engine and cabin, ...filters $80oo,, labor… $200.oo ! !, for five minutes work........ Never went back to Kia. A buddy had a new Horizon back in the day... " drive train warranty " .. blew a head gasket... Not a covered part.. it's considered a "wear" item.
So far our RE dealer hasn't had any warranty issues... I did hear the Himalaya's require a head retorque... my friend has one.. (10000 miles) but no problems..... so far. ( photo…. My buddy with his Himmy a month ago... boonies in Wisconsin, note he's ankle deep but the bike found " deep ! " .. took his three ride'n buddies a lot of grunt'n and hump'n to put it out. Ride over.. got it home.. had to drain a lot of mucky H20 ….

Last edited:
Back