is there a gasoline proof silicone goop out there ?

andy2175m4

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I there a gasket sealer out there that will form a good seal in a joint that has a bit of a gap, and form its own gasket, like a silcone sealer, but is gasoline and hot oil proof ?

What specifically are you trying to seal? Most silicone is porous and not suitable for fuel.

If there's a gap due to an uneven petcock flange surface on the tank, cement a piece of 320 sandpaper to a piece of glass and use it to level the flange. I use a home made adapter for a 1/4" NPT male thread petcock. The best sealant I've found for that application is Three Bond 1184 (AKA Yamabond #4, AKA Hondabond #4) applied on both sides of a home made gasket cut from .030" intake gasket material.

that part of the tank is a bit distorted, and could be filled and leveled but a fuel proof goop would be quicker, I will try the permatex permashield, looks good.

whatever exactly you want to do, you aren't doing it right, but that aside, Seal-All is a very good gas resistant glue. Dries semi-hard, call it hard... Incredibly difficult to separate flanges glued with it. However...heat turns it to jelly...

Best way to do what must be done is re-create what once was...grasshopper

Back