Is this a xs650 Frame?

timakadeuce

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
New to the site....Just got this frame off craigslist...posted as a xs650 frame but when i got it home and took a closer look at comparisons of the xs-2, special, and standard...i believe i have something diffrent :banghead:...triumph mayb? there is no vin except a couple digits under the seat "F311" is the first part of it and the rest is gone....first time building a xs650....also it has a bolt on rigid ..any help would be awesome

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 288
  • 0131132231_0001.jpg
    0131132231_0001.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 276
  • 0131132229_0001.jpg
    0131132229_0001.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 311
  • 0131132228_0001.jpg
    0131132228_0001.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 304
Looks British. Most likely Triumph. Good news is you have a good start on a Triumph. Better news you can sell for a decent price and get enough to buy a frame from Ardcore, or the like.

I dunno guys....to me it looks like it has the proper mounting locations for an XS650 motor.....might be a total custom frame? do you live in a state where the title goes with the frame or a state where the title goes with the serial #'s on the motor?

after looking a little harder (your pics are pretty small!) it's looking early 70's triumph bonneville to me....that sqaurish part of the bottom tubes near where the neck comes down scream bonneville to me.

thanks every one for helping me out on this one...its deff a triumph ...in the condition here , how much would this go for ??

Don't know what it's worth. Maybe contact Ardcore and see if they would take it in trade for one of their Yamaha frames. You never know.

With out a title, It's problably worthless. Find the right person that really needs a frame for a project, maybe $500.00. Just guessing though.

most id pay is $200 for a non titled frame if I needed it badly. Is it damaged? Do you know if its straight?

most id pay is $200 for a non titled frame if I needed it badly. Is it damaged? Do you know if its straight?
i actually got this for 75 bucks lol ...the downtube looks like it is bent, and also the backbone...looks like someone did a really bad job of "raking" this thing...there is a ton of bondo all over it so who knows...the next couple days im goin to grind it all down and see what i got

I dunno guys....to me it looks like it has the proper mounting locations for an XS650 motor.....might be a total custom frame? do you live in a state where the title goes with the frame or a state where the title goes with the serial #'s on the motor?
thats something i still have to look into about the title...but you might be right about the mounting locations because the DPO swears up and down a xs650 motor was on this thing...but then again he didnt even know this was a trump frame the whole time ..so who knows....im really looking foward to this build...no matter what a xs650 is gonna be my choice for an engine, so im gonna make it work

Back