Issues with Title-ing Project

pa-powerstroke

On The Edge
Reaction score
So I live in PA, bought a 81 xs off my buddy as a parts and project bike so I can finish up a few things on my build then sell the other bike. Well in PA you have to have VIN specific insurance to have the title changed over for a motorcycle. I don't want to get insurance on it because its in parts now and I will probably only ever ride it once to make sure it runs before I sell. Is there anyway to get around this like titling as a project or something? Any help would be great.

I would insure it for a day and get the title. I have Allstate in Delaware. They add it to my policy and I cancel it the next day or so after getting the title work done. No cash needed they bill me later. There is no bill because policy was cancelled so it doesn't cost me anything to do. Worth doing bike frame and title worth $$$$ for your bike. Now just a pile of old of parts. Lots of people need titled frames. You would be helping them and saving the bike.

So I live in PA, bought a 81 xs off my buddy as a parts and project bike so I can finish up a few things on my build then sell the other bike. Well in PA you have to have VIN specific insurance to have the title changed over for a motorcycle. I don't want to get insurance on it because its in parts now and I will probably only ever ride it once to make sure it runs before I sell. Is there anyway to get around this like titling as a project or something? Any help would be great.

I transferred titles for 2 (non-running) bikes about 8 months ago in Pa.
I did not need insurance unless i wanted to register (plate) them.
You do not need insurance to transfer the title only.
Try a different notary. :thumbsup:

Back