JBM INDUSTRY

outkast1985

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Has any or dose anyone have any input or information on JBM INDUSTRY'S replacement diaphragms for BS 38 carbs I just ordered a set and am looking for input please

Extracts from my carb rebuild album:

http://www.xs650.com/media/albums/2684/

These show the before and after of installing JBM Industries diaphragms:

full

full

full

My first set will be here tomorrow thanks guys. Also please know I do at least try looking for the answers before I ask most everyone has been a help and I truly thank you all

One thing I would recommend is a slight adjustment to the installation alignment instruction.
The alignment instruction is to get the slide's vent hole aimed towards the engine's intake port.

To be more precise, you want that initial alignment, PLUS get the angled edge of the slide's bottom cutaway precisely perpendicular to the throat path. You'll have to view into the carb throat, move the slide up/down, and note the cutaway corners positions relative to the carb's slidebore edges. Or, you may conjure a better method. The reason for doing this is I've found that the vent hole may not be centered at 90° to the cutaway edge.

Once you've found this alignment, mark the diaphragm's edge at the original indexing notch, so it'll be easier to align later.

Edit: Here's an annotated pic showing the venthole misalignment:
71XS1B-Carbs-Slides02a.jpg

Also, you'll probably find the other threads using "JBM Industries" and "jbmindustries" as the search terms...

Last edited:
Yep, gotta be a bit creative with the search terms. "Diaphragm replacement" turns up plenty of material on the JBM product.

Thanks guys I'll do more reading mail got delayed a day any how I like to know all the pros and cons of the next step in my projects before I do them. Life's gotten in my way of this project to much and I'm determined to complete this girl and ride the he'll outta her

Back